Overview – Hotspot in Allowed Devices
You’re sharing a mobile hotspot with your family, so you’re overthinking about your mobile data consumption or,
Constantly fearing that your device’s hotspot may be hacked and the hacker might end up hacking all your connected devices on the network.
Do you think so?
If your answer is Yes, then this article is meant for you.
To overcome this scenario, you have to turn on Hotspot for Allowed Device only.
Turning on the hotspot for approved devices is the same as turning it on, but only allowing selected users to connect to it.
By the end of this article, you will be able to
- Enable Hotspot for Allowed Devices only to limit number of people on your network,
- Understand Pros and Cons of turning on hotspot for Allowed devices,
- Determine whether or not to enable hotspot for specific devices.
Steps to Turn on Hotspot in Selected Devices only
Step #1: Open the Settings from the app drawer.
Step #2: Select the “WiFi” option, and here you will find the “Mobile Hotspot and Tethering” option, select it.
Step #3: You’ll see a three-dot menu (Kebab Menu) in the upper right corner; choose it.
Step #4: Now select the ‘Allowed Devices’ option.
Step #5: Select the ‘Add Allowed Devices’ option.
To connect a device, you must first enter its MAC address.
To find the MAC Address in the Android Smartphones, follow the given steps:
Step #1: Open Settings from the app drawer
Step #2: Navigate to ‘About Phone’
Step #3: Search for MAC Address
Step #4: Simply Note it
Step #7: Select the ‘Add Allowed Devices’ option.
You know how to see the MAC Address, check!
You know how to turn on hotspot in allowed devices, check!
Have any doubts?
Move to the FAQ Section of this page.
Curious to know the features of turning on hotspot in allowed devices only?
Look at the Advantages and Disadvantages below.
Pros of Turning Hotspot in Allowed Devices
Devices are vulnerable to attacks as a result of technical improvements, particularly owing to network access by hackers.
As a result, using the hotspot in chosen devices with the MAC Address will limit the risk of attacks while also improving security and privacy.
LESS UNNECESSARY STRESS
Many minor variables add up to cause increased mental anxiety, pressure, and stress, according to psychological research.
To some extent, we can also argue that being unsure about our Wi-Fi Hacking Assumption is a tiny component contributing to unnecessary psychological stress.
So, using the MAC Address to create a hotspot on the specified device will ensure that your device is not connected to any other device without your consent.
Cons of Turning Hotspot in Allowed Devices
Selecting and turning on the hotspot on chosen devices takes a long time if you’re doing it on many devices at once.
FAQ’s Related to Turning Hotspot in Allowed devices
How many devices can be connected to Hotspot with the allowed devices option enabled?
You can connect as many devices as you want.
Can we block the allowed device in hotspot’s allowed devices settings?
Yes, you can block as well as unblock the allowed device through the Hotspot’s “Allowed Devices” Settings.
So technically, enabling Hotspot in Devices in allowed devices is similar to enabling WiFi in any other device, with the exception that you will be using your phone to create the WiFi Network and no other devices will be able to join your network until you add its MAC Address.
So, considering the pros and cons, you can decide whether to use the call blocking feature or not.
Summing up, we have addressed the following issues in this article:
- How to enable hotspot for selected devices only so you will able to limit number of users on your network,
- Advantages and disadvantages of enabling hotspot for allowed devices,
- Providing clarity whether or not to use “Hotspot in Allowed Devices” features.
How was the quality of Article?
Did you got what you wanted?
Spare a minute to tell in the Comment Section.
- Actionable Android Guides – Want to know more basic or advanced stuff about Android? You should check our android section, covering how-tos, tips and hacks, and detailed guides.
- Basic to Advanced Windows Manuals – Interested to know basic to advanced configurations in windows? You should check our Windows section, covering how-tos, tips and hacks, and detailed guides.
- Latest posts – Check out our latest posts including Android, Windows, and Information Technology guides, checklists, tips and tricks.